Jinja was once the most industrialist city in Uganda but today is fast growing into an adventure capital in East Africa. with the source of the Nile and a number of rapids and falls it is a perfect place for both water and land based adventure. step out your comfort zone today and explore the adventure there is in the adventure capital from the forest walks in Mabira to the bungee jumps, boat rides oat the source of the Nile, to the rugged tracks for a quad bike ride, Kayaking the Nile and the visit to the mythical ssezibwa falls and so much more. this days excursion calls out to you to step out of your busy schedule and your comfort zone to have a taste of the Nile. Come lets interact with the Nile in whichever way you choose.
THE UN TAPPED EASTERN CULTURAL ADVENTURE: Jinja
A visit to the lovely and at one time the most industrialized town of Jinja. The highlights of the tour are:
– a traditional site known for its spectacular falls that subsides into two small rivers that were borne by a lady (Nakangu) and they smartly split. One heading northeast to Lake Kyoga and the other northwest to the Nile. Not surprisingly they are called the Twin Rivers.
– a walk in the lush green forest, which is one of the biggest forests in Central Uganda and hosts a variety of birdlife like the White Spotted Fluftail, Red Headed Malimbe, Jamesons Wattle Eye, Western and African Black Headed Orioles, Narinas Tragon plus many other species and monkeys.
• The sugar cane plantations and tea estates.
– spectacular falls on the Nile, a grade five rapid for the rafters. Most likely have a chance of seeing a man heroically sail through the rapids with the aid of only a plastic Jeri can.
Source of the Nile
– see how the longest river of the world starts its journey through Africa. Then drive back to Kampala, end of our excursion.